Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Night Family Dinners


It’s Thursday, which in Gram’s world means

Thursday night Family Dinner!

This is my favorite day of the week.  Anyone that is family is invited and any friends of family are always welcome.

If my memory serves me correctly, this is really why this blog was created. 

Adventures happen in the Kitchen!

Gram and Mam are cooks…serious…okay, not so serious…cooks!
Sam is destined to be a cook.

Sam’s only toys at Gram’s involve cooking.
   
 (Not that I’m trying to unduly influence my granddaughter, mind you, but the power of suggestion rests heavily in the influences that I have not so subtly surrounded her with!)

She has the Fisher Price “starter” kitchen


She has her own “kitchen drawer”


She has an apron, chef’s hat and utensils


She has a shopping cart, shopping basket and pretend food (although her true interests lie in the “real” food that’s in the pantry.)


(See Ocgoodmama for commentary on Samantha’s food issues)

 
But seriously, how can you not love the power of food, fun and festivities?
All of which, in my book, originate in the kitchen.


So…stay tuned for Cooking Up Trouble with Gram, Mam and Sam!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun Gram you are!! Sammy is one lucky little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete