Thursday, March 8, 2012

I left my heart at home...but I'm in San Francisco

A artist's heart in Union Square

I left my heart at home…but I’m in San Francisco

It’s Thursday night…I’m out of town
No Family Dinner!


A trolley car outside my hotel




The Westin St. Francis hotel

What does Gram do when Mam and Sam aren’t along?
Gram goes cooking….




Williams-Sonomas' Flagship store




Feeling punky…and fighting a head-cold of monumental proportions…Gram went looking for an adventure and wouldn’t you know it? There’s a Williams-Sonoma smack dab across the street from her hotel.  And not just any Williams-Sonoma…the granddaddy of them all…the flagship store in Union Square.
Four floors of kitchen bliss!
YIPPPEEEEEEE!

Ahhhhhhhhh!


Ooooooh! 


Well….as chance would have it…I happened into a techniques class on “Cooking with Citrus”
Hmmmm…just the thing for a head-cold
Lots of vitamin C!!


The demo kitchen was to die for!

 I want this kitchen!

Learned how to make:

“Fresh Citrus Spritzers”
“Apple-Citrus Salad with roasted pistachios”
“Citrus-Herb Turkey Cutlets with Baby Broccoli”
“Lemon Bundt cake”
Yummmmmmm!

So good….can’t wait to try it with you, two~

Missed you on my adventure, Mam and Sam!!!

Until next week….

Hugs and Kisses, Gram



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time - despite the cold. Does a head cold hamper your ability to taste all those goodies??

    And one more thing - when do we get to sample your delectable abilities? Hmmm???

    After my week of soup, soup, and more soup, this post actually got my mouth watering. Especially the Citrus Spritzers - (spiked??)

    Have fun - hurry home. I miss you!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete